The Nigerian Navy has opened the recruitment portal for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 29. Online registration started on 27 December 2023 and closes on 7 February 2024.
Applicants often find it difficult to apply for the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Course 29, due to many factors; one can be that you are not eligible or you are unable to access their website.
For those who are unable to access the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Website, most times, this is because the Nigerian Navy server is down during the day, perhaps due to its bandwidth and capacity.
Read the procedure below to have a seamless Nigerian Navy Recruitment application process.
Requirements Needed To Join The Nigerian Navy As A Graduate
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First Degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage in all fields.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education and copies of all certificates are to be submitted at chosen aptitude test centers.
- NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a compulsory requirement for enlistment.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 25 March 2024. Except Medical Officers who should not be more than 30 years.
- Serving personnel, Soldiers/Rating/Airmen and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the aptitude test will be communicated via the Nigerian Navy website
Steps to Apply for the Nigerian Navy Recruitment (Application Portal)
- Application for any category of the Nigerian Navy recruitment exercise is made via the recommended online portal. Below are the steps to apply.
- To apply visit the Nigerian Navy recruitment portal and you will find the NN recruitment form, fill out the application form, and submit it online. Please ensure you don’t apply multiple times as it will lead to disqualification. Follow these steps to apply for Nigerian Navy 2024 recruitment.
- Go to the Nigerian Navy recruitment portal
On the e-recruitment portal, click on Apply.
- Fill out the online application form and upload the document required.
- Once done, click on submit.
- The Nigerian Navy has made it mandatory that all applicants must be of Nigerian Nationality. The next recruitment phase will be an aptitude test that shortlisted candidates must sit for.
- Candidates will appear for interviews at the screening venues designated by the Nigerian Navy in different states in Nigeria.
The Nigerian Navy recruitment process is competitive, but it is also fair and transparent. If you meet the eligibility criteria and are well-prepared, you have a good chance of being selected.
Also, it’s advisable to apply earlier, maybe at dawn, or a period like 5:00 am, or even at midnight. No doubt that we will experience fewer people assessing the website during that period, and you might be lucky to log in successfully